Table of Contents
Pandemic restrictions are essentially a thing of the past, but they’ve left a seismic shift in how we watch movies. Streaming video on demand instead of going to theaters is here to stay. Studios are releasing films straight to streaming and dramatically shortening theatrical windows. We’re now getting new releases right away or in just a few weeks when it used to take months. And while many of us still love an old-school movie theater experience for special screenings, enjoying new releases and old favorites from home is the new normal. Families now focus on improving the home viewing experience by investing in luxury theater systems. But what do you really need for the perfect high-end home theater?
Creating a Home Theater: Equipment
Top-notch equipment is a must when planning your home theater.
- A high-quality 100-120-inch screen.
- A high-resolution projector that brings your favorite games, shows and movies to life in rich detail.
- Surround-sound audio with premium speakers.
- Gaming consoles create an inviting entertainment space.
Choosing the right equipment is essential to building the home theater of your dreams. Make sure you select an audio-visual contractor who can help you choose, configure and integrate the best products to meet your needs.
Creating a Home Theater: Integration
Creating a high-end user experience goes beyond the best equipment. Your system needs to be accessible, easy to use and integrated with other functions in your home. Essential elements include:
- Set up lighting to create an authentic theater-style atmosphere: ceiling lights, sconces and step lights with dimming and fading capabilities. Make sure your lighting is programmable for mid-movie breaks and late arrivals.
- Consolidate controls into a single remote so you can manage your AV system, lights, blinds, climate control and more. You should also be able to manage them with your tablet and phone. Connectivity is key.
- Integrate your home theater with audio-visual throughout the house–even on the patio for outdoor movie nights.
Creating a Home Theater: Installation
Quality “stuff” matters, but design and installation are equally important. Here are a few reasons the team behind your project matters:
- When setting up a home theater, you can spend thousands or tens of thousands of dollars. You want a team of professionals to do it right. If you want high-end, you need to be clear with your contractor that quality is key.
- Your new theater space’s look, sound and feel should be on point. A professional team can guide you on layout and design, incorporating AV, lighting, sound, acoustics and furniture.
- The technical elements in setting up a high-end theater are significant: from mounting giant screens to detailed wiring and electrical work to lighting expertise. You’ll be astounded at the number of wires and cables involved.
Creating a High-End Home Theater: Choose a Top-Notch AV Team
Choosing who you sit next to is one of the biggest perks when you recreate a movie theater experience in your home. Choosing the right AV contractor is essential to creating the look, feel and atmosphere you want. Selecting an experienced company specializing in high-end work for luxury homes is a must. That’s where Aegis Technologies comes in.
The Aegis Technologies difference is a skilled professional team with the expertise to help you achieve your vision. Other contractors can undoubtedly provide the basics for a home theater. But for the complete movie theater immersive experience, you need a contractor who can cover every detail with skill and precision. We’ll make sure your finished product is a top-of-the-line, user-friendly system that’s easy to operate. This means the finest brands and equipment and expert installation. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality audio/visual services to the best homes in the region and offering a user experience like no other. You won’t miss the multiplex one bit.