What if your bathroom mirror offered incredible lighting design and smart technology? You could check your social media while styling your hair. What if you could turn your living room flat-screen into a cool design feature that elevated the room? It’s happening in homes around the DMV thanks to smart mirrors. They’re the absolute ultimate in luxury and wow factor.
How Do Smart Mirrors Work?
Like in your favorite television detective series, a smart mirror uses two-way mirror technology to put everything you need at your fingertips. A regular mirror has a backing behind the glass, so it just reflects back at you. A two-way mirror reflects light in one direction but lets light pass through from the other direction. Your smart mirror has an electronic display behind the glass, so you can adjust lighting, watch television, and access all the other features you’d use on your smartphone–while using your mirror. It’s truly fabulous. Light from the electronic display passes through the two-way mirror, so you get both your gorgeous reflection and the images from the electronic display.
What Can Smart Mirrors Do?
Smart mirrors bring you all the functions you need hands-free while getting ready for the day: weather, stocks, traffic, news. It’s just like scrolling your smartphone but way more convenient. They can also make a digital television into a stunning design feature by turning it into a mirror while it’s off. And they’ve got the features we’ve all come to expect: voice control, touch screens, even facial recognition. We’re installing two types of smart mirrors for the region’s best-equipped homes:
- Vanity TV Mirrors take getting ready for the day to a whole new level. They have a smart display behind the screen, so you can ask Alexa anything while putting on mascara or check the weather while brushing your teeth. Vanity mirrors also have the extra-bright reflection you want in the bathroom. As we all know, attention to detail is everything.
- An Entertainment TV Mirror is a stylish framed mirror that turns into a high-performance TV when you turn it on. Who knew? Instead of disrupting your decor like a regular flat screen, it fits in perfectly. With tons of gorgeous frame choices and styles, Entertainment TV Mirrors are fantastic anywhere in the house. They’re especially in-demand for bedrooms and living spaces.
Installing Your Smart Mirror
Just like your favorite flat-screen, TV Mirrors can be mounted in two ways. Recessed (in-wall) TV Mirrors are mounted in a specially built niche within the wall. Surface (on-wall) TV Mirrors use brackets fastened to the wall surface. Both options can give you the gorgeous sleek look you’re going for. In either case, style points matter. So hiring the right pro makes all the difference.
Why Should I Consider a Smart Mirror?
Smart mirrors are an absolute must in the DC area’s most luxurious homes. Here’s why:
- They’re convenient: Smart mirrors make morning prep rituals super productive by putting everything you need to start your day at your fingertips.
- They’re functional: Vanity Mirrors offer the best bathroom lighting hands down–on top of all the cool functions.
- They’re impressive: The element that consistently impresses guests is the smart mirror in the bathroom. Simply the coolest.
- They look great: From a super sleek, super functional Vanity Mirror in the bathroom to a beautifully camouflaged Entertainment TV Mirror in the living room, smart mirrors offer elegance and sophistication.
At Aegis Technologies, we think you’ll be beyond impressed with the design and exceptional functionality of Smart Mirrors. Choose from a variety of sizes and custom designs for just the right look. We’re pros at making smart technology gorgeous with mirrors that give you the interface you want while meshing perfectly with your style.