On so many levels, the Jetson’s future is here. In 2020, we can control just about every function in our homes with voice commands and touchscreens. Smart Home technology saves time and money, making us more comfortable, reducing stress, and keeping families safer. It even remembers to close the blinds when you’re not home.
What Is a Smart Home?
A Smart Home is a connected home. It involves using technology to control the flow of your home and routines using smart speakers and touch screens. A Smart Home also allows you to control key features from lighting to security when you’re away. It’s all about efficiency and peace of mind. Here are some of the features you can control with a simple voice command or a swipe of your screen:
- Programming Daily Routines
- Adjusting window coverings
- Climate control and remote thermostat control for maximum energy efficiency
- Permanent central vacuums that remove dust, debris, and allergens from your living areas
- Connectivity for work, school and family life
- Home entertainment including indoor and outdoor music and home theater systems
- Home Security
Smart Home: What Features Do I Really Need?
With Smart Home technology, the possibilities are endless. However, the most in-demand features (with good reason) are lighting, climate control, and security.
- One of the first elements many homeowners add is smart lighting. The convenience and security benefits of programming your lighting routines can’t be overstated.
- Programmable thermostat control is another essential piece of Smart Home technology. Think about never having to worry about forgetting to turn down the heat when you leave. You’ll be blown away by the energy efficiency and cost savings your smart thermostat offers.
- Home security is another must-have. From video doorbells to remote monitoring, your Smart Home security system helps keep your family safe.
- Along with the essentials, we have to admit that a Smart Home can also be just plain fun. The wow factor does come into play. Indoor and outdoor music systems and super connective home theater systems make entertaining and family time relaxed and enjoyable.
Will a Smart Home Save Time?
Efficiency is one of the big reasons folks are moving toward Smart Home technology. It offers features that save time and money by allowing you to program utilities based on your family’s routines. With a single app, you can control lighting, window coverings, appliances, and your thermostat. Mornings go more smoothly when you can get things rolling with a few simple voice commands. And you can make adjustments to just about every aspect of your home remotely while at work or traveling.
Will a Smart Home Keep My Family Safer?
Home security is one of the critical components of Smart Home technology. Remote monitoring, integrated security systems, and lighting control help protect your home and family.
- Lighting is an essential factor in home security. Think about the peace of mind of coming home to an illuminated house. Smart Home technology allows you to program interior and exterior lights for safety. They’re on when you need them and off when you don’t, saving energy and reducing electric bills.
- Video doorbells allow you to monitor visitors, deliveries, and other foot traffic around their homes–while you’re at home or away, day and night.
- Smart Home technology offers whole-house remote monitoring when you can’t be there.
- Alert systems allow you to check-in with teens and school-aged kids, making sure everyone is where they need to be– when they’re supposed to be.
- Home security and alarm systems have come a long way. Smart Home technology allows you to efficiently manage break-in and emergency alarms without calling first responders unnecessarily.
Is A Smart Home Worth It?
How much do you value having the latest technology at your fingertips? Is seamlessly integrating functions in your home a priority? For Aegis Technologies clients, the answer is yes: a Smart Home is absolutely worth it. It isn’t easy to put a price tag on peace of mind when working or traveling and effortlessly enjoying life during precious downtime. In Northern Virginia, the future is here. The equipment going into the region’s wired homes is nothing short of mind-blowing. The technology involved is so stunning, you need a team that gets it. Aegis offers the very best equipment, the smartest, most intuitive installation and first-rate customer service and communication. We’re technology people, but we’re also client-focused. When you tell us what you want to achieve, we come up with a plan to execute it intelligently and beautifully. It’s that simple. Creating a Smart Home can be a huge plus for resale down the road. But even more importantly, it gives you the connected lifestyle you’re craving.
Your Smart Home: Why Hiring a Pro Makes Sense
Connectivity is vital when setting up your Smart Home. The idea is to take dozens of moving parts and integrate them into a seamless whole. Smart Home technology should also be intuitive and easy to use. Otherwise, it’s just not that smart.
As a homeowner, you want to control those essential functions using voice controls or a touch screen in your home–or from your phone while away. You want everything to flow smoothly as an integrated system–from lighting to window coverings to speaker volume to thermostats and beyond. Hiring a pro for installation means they tackle those moving parts and set your family up for success. Aegis Technologies gives you the tools you need to manage every aspect of your Smart Home from your screen. Our years of expertise in Smart Home technology help you achieve maximum comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind.