When you build a business, protecting your assets is a priority. We’re all aware that our equipment and inventory are at risk from both external and internal threats. Robbery, shoplifting, and employee theft are all sources of business losses. Fortunately, there are proven loss-prevention strategies that protect your assets and save you money. Alarms and video cameras are proven theft deterrents. Research shows that simply having cameras and alarms in place prevents crime. And if theft does happen, the right technology makes it easier to document, address and prosecute the crime.
What Are The Best Theft Prevention Measures for A Business?
According to the National Retail Federation’s 2019 National Retail Security Survey, here are some of the top theft prevention measures for retail businesses:
- Burglar alarms are a simple and inexpensive option that goes a long way toward protecting your assets. Remember to consider both external and internal threats when installing, including rear door alerts to indicate when employees leave your worksite.
- Digital video recorders with remote access allow management to view feeds from anywhere. Digital video recorders provide essential information to law enforcement, prevent employee theft, improve productivity and allow monitoring both during and outside of business hours.
- Facial recognition and video analytics can help point out suspicious activity and identify repeat offenders.
- Point of Sale data-mining tools allow you to monitor and analyze features on your point of sale system to catch fraudulent transactions.
- Live CCTV is another essential theft-prevention tool. Closed-circuit television is transmitted to a limited number of monitors in real-time and can track in-house activity as well as hard-to-access exterior areas. Your surveillance cameras should be visible to customers and staff as a deterrent.
- Merchandise alarms and electronic security tags can trigger an alarm if items are removed from a store.
Will A Security System Lower My Insurance Costs?
In addition to preventing and documenting both internal and external theft, security technology can also help you save on insurance and liability costs. Insurance companies offer discounts of five to 20 percent for high-quality business security systems. Security systems function as crime deterrents and alert law enforcement when problems arise. Security technology leads to lower risk and lower rates. Video surveillance can also provide documentation in workplace injury situations and can help fight false liability claims. Cameras should link to central monitoring systems for maximum benefits and discounts.
How Can Security Technology Protect My Business?
Security personnel remain a valuable part of theft prevention for any business. We can’t overstate the importance of a trusted and competent team. But 21st Century businesses require more. Today’s security technology enhances our ability to deter theft and prevent loss. Aegis Technologies has extensive experience in helping companies identify weak spots and strengthen security protocols. We offer:
- The latest video surveillance and alarm systems.
- Access control technology, allowing you to control user credentials and block unauthorized individuals.
- Automated entry gates and doors to control access to inventory storage and other sensitive areas.
- High-tech surveillance equipment, and software including HD-quality footage, motion-activated notifications, and high-capacity storage, so you can record 24/7 for extended periods and access footage as needed.
- Remote monitoring so you can protect your business even when you’re not on site.
For many owners and managers, our business is our baby. We’ve put our heart and soul into building it up, and we want to keep our assets safe from theft. Today’s technology allows you to deter potential criminals and monitor your business from anywhere for peace of mind. Contact Aegis Technologies for an assessment of your current protocols and a customized business security plan.