Table of Contents
Security systems for retailers are a no-brainer. But we often hear from owners of professional offices like medical and dental practices, law firms, and financial services companies that they don’t know where to begin regarding business security. While straightforward theft may be less of an issue than in a retail environment, the owners and operators of office spaces have a lot to protect, including the privacy of their clients. A professionally designed and installed security system allows you to monitor your business during and outside business hours. Mobile apps allow you to see who’s coming and going, whether your office is open or closed, protecting your employees and investments.
How Can A Security System Keep My Office Safe?
Installing a high-quality security system can help keep your employees and clients safe while helping safeguard sensitive information.
- Keeping personnel safe. According to the American Hospital Association, violence and intimidation against healthcare workers have increased since the COVID-19 pandemic. Video surveillance helps protect employees from potential threats and provides documentation in case of violence. Security surveillance is also beneficial at law firms where emotionally charged cases can put clients and staff at risk.
- Keeping your private data secure. Medical and dental offices, law firms, and financial services companies safeguard sensitive client information. Office security helps keep that information safe by using cameras and monitoring systems to check who’s logging into computers. We also recommend ensuring employees use strong passwords and change them regularly.
- Outage alerts and temperature control. Medical offices often store temperature-sensitive medications and vaccines. An undetected power outage could be devastating. Smart security offers remote alerts for power outages and lets you control your office thermostat from offsite.
- Intruder alerts and suspicious activity. Office security lets you know when unusual activity occurs near your office outside of business hours and helps you protect valuable medications and equipment.
- Activity alerts inform you when employees arrive and leave and monitor activity. You trust your employees, but verification is always a good practice. Be sure to communicate clearly with employees if you are doing interior surveillance. Surveillance often benefits employees if something goes wrong, allowing managers to confirm an accurate version of events. Tracking also makes investigations and audits easier with documentation.
- Adding an office security system may bring a discount on professional insurance.
Does Video Surveillance Comply With HIPAA Regulations?
We know that safeguarding patients’ private information is always a priority for healthcare providers. When hospitals and medical offices follow best practices, video surveillance complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. In fact, monitoring can improve HIPAA compliance when used correctly by monitoring who is accessing private information. However, you do need to make sure surveillance cameras are not used in places where patients and employees have a reasonable expectation of privacy. Your security provider can help medical offices ensure their systems are fully compliant, enhancing rather than detracting from patient privacy.
What Services Can Aegis Technologies Provide for My Office?
Working with our partners at Alarm.com, Aegis Technologies offers top-notch professional security for offices around our region. We cover:
- Intrusion detection after hours with cameras, alarms, and remote monitoring.
- Video surveillance both inside and outside your office to monitor employee performance and ensure their safety.
- We help you understand your business by monitoring traffic flow and helping you develop business strategies and meet clients’ needs.
- Electronic access controls make the workplace more accessible for employees. We can allow you to get rid of old-school keys, even allowing employees to swipe in using their smartphones. With electronic access, you know who’s coming and going–and adding and revoking access is simple.
- We make it easy to control lighting and thermostat settings remotely, saving you money on utility bills.
As the security service provider of choice for leading businesses around the DMV region, Aegis Technologies creates customized plans to meet the needs of offices large and small. There are so many benefits to a comprehensive, thoughtfully designed security system. Keeping your employees and clients safe is at the top of the list.